Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Missy Elliot, The Royal Tenenbaums & David Beckham

This weekend saw the Cranks making light work of one off the toughest one day races in the country when we traveled to Outhshoorn to do the Attakwas Extreme Mountainbike Marathon! We both managed to smash about 30min off our times from last year, making light work of the 126km and 2600m of climbing! 

We are both extremely happy considering that this years route was allot tougher and technical than last year. I also managed to cut open my back tyre and had to stop three times to plug the damn thing before it sealed properly! Jaco clocked a 7:32 and I rolled in in 6:54 and collected my silver medal (sub 7 hours) which I am extremely chuffed with. 

Congratulation to Nico Pfitzenmaier who again had an awesome race. He finished 3rd overall in 5:48 only minutes behind 2nd place Kevin Evans. Francois Theron managed to pull off a surprise win after an early breakaway with David George in a blistering 5:36. Our new traing buddy, Hein, also had a very impressive ride, finishing in 7:47. 

So the big news……………… 

What does Missy Elliot, The Royal Tenenbaums, David Beckham and now Cranks of Glory have in common? 

Easy…..we all roll in super fly adidas tracksuits! Yes the rumour is true! Bemer, our main sponsor, have given as the awesome news that adidas will be providing us with riding kit for the 2009 Epic! We are extremely exited and can not wait to get our asses into some silky smooth adidias spandex! Thank you Werner for all the effort you put in and congratulations buddy! Werner dropped the bom on all of us last week when he got enaged to his long time girlfriend Ute! 

I’m not sure how to end the update so I’ll do it in the words of Missy…………… 

“Is it worth it, let me work it
I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it” 

Later 

Nico

No comments: